dmcrypt on raid5 question

hi,

due to a new workstation i decided to generate a dm-crypt partition on top of a mdraid raid5 that consists on three hd each sized 750GB.

i did assemble the raid and, what i do know by now, made a mistake that maybe
is valid.

after the raid5 was created i did a
cryptsetup create sdraid /dev/md0

afterwards i entered my passphrase

this was followed by a
makefs.xfs for /dev/mapper/sdraid

when that was finished i did mount /dev/mapper/sdraid on /mnt/sdraid,
copied at least ~700GB data onto the mounted device.

on friday i had to reboot my pc due to a kernel reconfigure and had no
access anymore to my raid drive.
due to the fact, that my raid drive was ok - this info was taken from cat /proc/mdstat
i suggested the whole weekend how i could get back my data.

fdisk -l /dev/md0 brought up that there was no partition table at all

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/md0 sdraid came up with a /dev/md0 is not a luks partition so no key found...

having read man pages over and over i try the way like i must have created
the array

cryptsetup sdraid /dev/md0
i was asked for my passphrase, and after that able to mount /dev/mapper/sdraid again

so my questions are:

1.) i did things wrong imho, but i think i do have a crypted raid array that also contains
   a crypted partition table, is that right?

2.) can i keep this array in described state or do i have to backup data and recreate the crypted stuff with cryptsetup luksFormat?

3.) is my data really encrypted? :)

thanks in advance for answers

i am a bit confused atm

marcel