Re: Re: cannot format a secondary partirtion with luks

Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> He had this in his first e-mail:
>
>    # cryptsetup -c blowfish luksFormat /dev/sdb2
>
>    WARNING!
>    ========
>    This will overwrite data on /dev/sdb2 irrevocably.
>
>    Are you sure? (Type uppercase yes): YES
>    Enter LUKS passphrase:
>    Verify passphrase:
>    Command successful.
>    # cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb2 sdb2
>    Enter LUKS passphrase:
>    Command failed: No key available with this passphrase.

This error message is misleading here probably.
(I hope next cryptsetup version will print better message in the case
of device error - I sent patch to fix that already.)

It can be that some process still uses the device
(and device mapper cannot use it exclusively) or there
is wrong parameters for kernel crypto....

Check also syslog - is there anything important?

Milan
--
mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx