Re: Request for Comments: Pledge fund for multicore support

At Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:10:11 +0300,
Sami Liedes <sliedes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you think?

I'm all pro micro-pledge and multicore support
(Please don't reply to that statement, I read the discussion of last
week and I didn't find it to be convincing at all)

The reason behind this is that I looked at the code in the meantime
and I have the impression that it shouldn't be that hard to get at
parallelization on at least bio request level.

If the micropledge idea turns out to be successful (pledge > 200$[1])
I might look at it more closely.

Sami, is there a micropledge yet? I haven't found one.
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org

[1] I'd really like to see the pledge in a stable currency. Dollars
are at the moment totally worthless to me as I'm living in EUR land,
and this isn't going to be better next week after the massive
infussion of fiat currency authorized in the last few days.