Cryptsetup improvement

I would like to suggest an improvement for cryptsetup that would have saved me a lot of time (and so would probably save a lot of time to other people). It happened to me that I tried to use cryptsetup without root privileges. What happens in that case is that the command says: Command failed: Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.08 (2006-07-17)(compat) and kernel driver I lost a lot of time before realizing that the real mistake was that I wasn't using the superuser. What the program says is completely unhelpful and made me not think about what the real problem is. It would be really nice if cryptsetup checked for what kind of privileges it has before trying to operate, outputting something like
cryptsetup: only root can ... bla bla bla
I hope this suggestion can help other people.

Giulio