Re: Recommanded cipher settings

Arno Wagner wrote:

> For many practical applications, ESSIV and LRW should be equally
> secure. Note that with both you have absolutely no leaking of the
> contens of the plain data, just some leakage about changes.

I haven't really noticed LRW has made it's way in the vanilla kernel? I
remember LRW from Clemen's tries to push it in the mainline linux kernel
and the problems he had.
Now that LRW is in the kernel, I have a question regarding it's
implementation: As far as I know, LRW can be parallelized and so make use
of more CPU cores, in contrast with CBC, which can only use one CPU. Is
this correct for the current implementation?

Regards,
Markus