Re: [loficc-discuss] [dm-crypt] License for the specification of LUKS

Clemens Fruhwirth wrote:
Nevermind.

But unless you have very specific interest in the design principals of
LUKS, I personally would go for another route to port LUKS over to OpenSolaris.

That might work but there could also be some license problems with that. I'll need to better understand where all the components of LUKS actually lives to see if this will work - it may well be the best solution.

You surely have a some kind of kernel interface that you talk to by
some means. A vage sketch would be
* create a virtual mapping X of device Y using encryption setting K (cipher, cipher mode, key)
* query the parameters of an existing mapping
* remove that mapping

See http://opensolaris.org/os/project/loficc/ for what we have just now.

--
Darren J Moffat