License for the specification of LUKS

I'd like to consider supporting LUKS on OpenSolaris. We have an OpenSolaris project to add crypto support to the lofi(7D) block device driver (similar to the loop driver on Linux) nearing completion of its first phase and for a later phase I'd like to consider adding support for LUKS.

In order for me to look at this I need to know what license the LUKS specification (not source code) is distributed under.

Thanks.

--
Darren J Moffat