Re: Re: does dm-crypt have outstanding file corruption problems?

Jason Haar wrote:
> How's everyone else find 2.6.22+? I'm still having the issue where after
> suspends/resumes (I encrypt the swap too, but it's the root partition that
> generates these "EXT3-fs error (device dm-0): ext3_free_blocks_sb: bit already
> cleared" errors) the filesystem is unhappy, and I have to do a full manual "fsck
> -y" to fix.
>
> I bet it's to do with suspending to disk - I'd really like to see this flaw
> disappear.
>
> This is a fully updated FC7 install, except with 2.6.22.1)

Please could you report it to Fedora bugzilla with exact description of your config ?
(you can use lvmdump even if there is no LVM used - it will grab dmsetup info at least
+ add crypt and kernel package versions)

There are some issues with 2.6.22 dm-crypt but these should not cause data corruptions.

Thanks,
Milan
--
mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx