Re: LUKS partition is no longer recognized as such

Tobias Hunger schrieb:
Is there a way to flag a partition as "being LUKS" without damaging the master key and keys stored? Is there any chance to get my data back without resorting to my backups?

If nothing else helps: I had some problems with my first key slot being no longer recognized (I acidentially deleted it). Overwriting just the right amount of bytes at the correct position helped. The format of LUKS headers is well documented, just overwrite everything from the start of a partition to just before the key slots with the data of another LUKS partition, this might help. (But have a backup of the blocks you overwrite ready if it doesn't.)

dd comes in handy for this.

--
BNS Netzwerke & Sicherheit Ltd. - Untere Karlsstr. 16 - 34117 Kassel - Germany
Tel.: +49 561 9863358 - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - <http://www.bns-netzwerke.de/>