Re: Unknown filesystem - making new filesystems known to cryptsetup?

Thanks for your reply, here are the informations you requested:

> Was it the correct one.
Yes, it was (tested several times)

> Which distribution?
Ubuntu 7.04

> cryptsetup doesn't know _any_ filesystem, it operates on devices. So the
> message you get from the script is a bit misleading.
Do you know how cryptsetup operates on devices / could i do this manual by a
shell command? just to see if this maybe gives me some error message or have a
starting point for fixing it.

> Don't know, can't find this script in my installation (Gentoo).
hmm, i used google to get more informations about this error and found that
initramfs-tools-quilt/scripts/local-premount/cryptroot seems to be similar / an
old version of this with the same problem

> Either compile it into the kernel, or make sure the module gets loaded
> properly.
I did compile it into the kernel ):

I've seen that you are from germany, i'm too, so feel free to write in german,
though i think english would be the better way as this is a public list.