Using dm-crypt

Hello List,

As I know dm-crypt required some user space setup tools.
These tools provides cryptsetup and dmsetup command to setup the dm-crypt.

I have downloaded this tool cryptsetup 0.1 from http://www.saout.de/misc/dm-
crypt/, but not able to extract it. From where the lated and stable version can
be get?

Then I tried with other version of the same tool
(cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4.tar.bz2) which supports LUKS also.
I downloaded it from the link http://luks.endorphin.org/dm-crypt.

I am able to compile and install it for the host system running gnu linux.

I am using ARM based target board and boot image is linux kernel 2.6.18.

Could someone tell me how to cross compile it for the different target board.
I am also not clear after cross compiling it how to install it by using "make
install" command as mentioned in the INSTALL file coming with the package. For
host system "make install" command placed the compiled binaries into
the /usr/local/bin folder. But if you have cross compiled the source code then
how to do this install operation for the target board.

Tnaks in anticipation
Sachin