Help! toasted LUKS key slot

I seem to have toasted the crypto pv volume on our companies file server by accidentially killing of the luks key in the first (and only slot). The device is no longer recognized as LUKS now. However, I have a snapshot of the same pv, containing a working vg and several lvs. The data on this snapshot is some weeks old and therefore nearly useless as a backup. Is there any way to extract the key from the slot of the working dm-crypt pv (the same as used for the defective one) and add it to the defective crypto pv, to get back the data on it? *Please* help!

--
Dipl.-Verw.(FH) Sebastian Bork
BNS Netzwerke & Sicherheit Ltd.