Re: Re: Help! toasted LUKS key slot

It would be nice if lukes had an easy header backup function like
TrueCrypt does.

On 3/7/07, Sebastian Bork <bork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To update you about my troubles ... if someone is interested at all:

I did it! By assembling an array md0 of one disk (snapshot of the data,
but some weeks old), activating vg0, copying 132096 bytes from the
beginning of /dev/vg0/crypt on a USB stick, booting into an initrd
shell, copying those 132096 bytes to the beginning of the volume
containing the up-to-date data and then using cryptsetup luksOpen I
managed to decrypt the master key (which was in the data copied) and to
open the volume. A vgchange -a y vg1 later I had all my logical volumes
back, with the up-to-date data, not the stuff that was weeks old.

Now I need some sleep. And after that a better backup concept. Thank you
for listening.