Re: system freezes when writing to encrypted partition

> I've just setup dm-crypt and I'm finding that my system freezes for
> 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds or so, when writing out to an encrypted
> partition. The mouse pointer stops moving and I can't type anything. I
> found a thread about this from November last year:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.dm-crypt/1940

I've experienced similar problems when I upgraded to 2.6.18 (using 2.6.19
now but seems to be present here too) but not as often as you. I'm using
luks though and access the machine through vnc and it doesn't lock the box
just file access.

/Andreas