Problem with cryptsetup under Gentoo on ARM

Hi all!

I am new to this mailing list so if this question has already been answered I apologize in advance.

I am trying to get filesystem encryption with cryptsetup-luks to run on a Gentoo Linux system on a Linksys NSLU2 (Intel ARM CPU). I am running a 2.6.16 kernel with some patches for the NSLU2 hardware and uclibc 0.9.28. Everything looks fine until I try to do a "cryptsetup create". I then just get an "Invalid argument" without any further information as to WHAT actually is an invalid argument.

I checked everything that is mentioned in the FAQ and everything looks good. Can anybody please give me some pointers as to how to debug this problem?

Here is some more information about the system:

device-mapper version: 1.02.07
cryptsetup-luks version: 1.0.1 (I can't get 1.0.3 to compile, I am getting an error about some missing macros when running aclocal)
exact command I try to run when error occurs: /bin/cryptsetup -c aes -h sha1 -d /dev/urandom create crypt-swap /dev/sda5