Re: How to encrypt a fresh install of Dapper Ubuntu on a Laptop?

djblue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

>Is there anyone out there with a complete How-To for this. With instructions
>from the very begining. Assume I will be starting with a blank hard disk and
>an Ubuntu Dapper CD when it is relaesed in a weeks time. And also that I have
>very little knowledge of Linux, But a strong desire to learn.

first step would be this howto i think
http://www.saout.de/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=EncryptedLVM2Root

perhaps it doesn't fit 100% for dapper but the fact you start with a
blank harddisk (and so there's no data to lose ;) ) you can play with it :)
cu
Jan