Re: Questions about simplefb and hand-over

Hi

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08-04-15 09:24, Johannes Pointner wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> thank you for your reply.
>> I will take a look at the x86 code and at the function you mentioned.
>>
>> Do you know where the simpledrm is hosted, because I would like to
>> take look at it too.
>

> David Herrmann (in the Cc) is the best person to answer that, I
> think he needs to rebase on it on the latest upstream kernel.
>
> David ?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~dvdhrm/linux/log/?h=simpledrm

I should _definitely_ revive that. My TODO list does get shorter, so
lets see whether I can find some spare time for it.

Please note that you can use remove_conflicting_framebuffers() with
simplefb just fine. No reason to wait for simpledrm (except that it's
way cooler!). Once I push the patches, I will convert
remove_conflicting_framebuffers() to work just fine, and simpledrm
will take-over all simplefb devices seamlessly.

Thanks
David