Re: RFC: Advice on adding support for Qualcomm IPQ9574 SoC Ethernet

> The only compile-time dependency from PCS driver to NSS CC driver is
> with the example section in PCS driver's dtbindings file. The PCS DTS
> node example definitions include a header file exported by the NSS CC
> driver, to access certain macros for referring to the MII Rx/Tx clocks.

> So, although there is no dependency in the driver code, a successful
> dtbindings check will require the NSS CC driver to be available.

You are doing something wrong. A clock is just a phandle. The
dtbindings check does not care where the phandle points to, just that
it looks like a phandle. You can hard code the instance to 42 and all
is good.

And this is all just basic getting SoC stuff merged, nothing
special. So why do you not know this? Have you not been subscribed to
arm-soc for the last six months and watched other drivers get merged?
I also really hope you have been on the netdev list for the last few
months and have watched other pcs and ethernet drivers get merged.

	Andrew