Re: RISC-V: add Star64 board devicetree

>>> Don't worry about Markus, most maintainers (myself included) ignore his
>>> comments on patches. The commit message here is fine.
>>
>> Would such a response mean also that you are occasionally ignoring requirements
>> from a referenced Linux development guideline?
>
> I do ignore it from time to time, yes. Being a stickler to the
> guidelines wastes everybody's time (just like this discussion).
> That said, the tense used in this patch is perfectly in-line with the
> guideline you reference.

Partly, yes.

> "Add Star64 board devicetree" is in the imperative

This information fits to the summary phrase.

> and the commit message body contains additional information about
> the board's configuration.

I hope that further contributors can follow the recommendation better
also for the imperative mood in changelogs.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?h=v6.9#n94

Regards,
Markus