Re: DT Query on "New Compatible vs New Property"

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 06:28:33AM -0800, Nikunj Kela wrote:

> Let me try another shot to convince you :) Currently, driver is dealing with
> clocks and regulators using individual framework APIs(e.g. set_clk_rate,
> regulator_set_voltage etc.). With defining perf to group them in OPP APIs,
> we need to now use set_opp. Therefore the driver needs to change to use OPP
> framework APIs instead of clocks/regulator APIs hence this query on how to
> distinguish the two configuration even though the hardware is same.

One option is to make dev_pm_opp_set_opp() work for both. IIUC, opp layer
can deal with clocks and regulators. A quick look at dev_pm_opp_set_opp()
seem to suggest that.

Another option is to try both one after another. Here I am assuming that
clk_get() will fail and return error. One could check if it has pm_domain
with "perf" support and use opp APIs.

I don't think we need DT changes to achieve what you have explained so far.
At least not at a level of per device node compatible or extra property.

--
Regards,
Sudeep