viability of dt-schema long-term

Folks,
I am advocating use of dt-schema project internally to validate DTS files.
I should add that our use is outside kernel tree on proprietary project.

One of the push-backs I'm getting from the management chain is along the lines of...

Who is this Rob Herring guy and why should we use a project that is only sourced on https://github.com/robherring/dt-schema? If the kernel project is using it, why isn't kernel.org hosting the project? What is kernel plan if Rob walks away from the project, is this going to wither away and die?

There are more, but the above pseudo-quotes grab the gist of the management complaints.

Q.1) Is there a plan for the kernel project to suck dt-schema into its orbit?

Q.2) How many active maintainers are there for dt-schema?

Q.3) How do I respond to the above types of complaints?

Cheers,
T.mike