Re: [RFCv4 0/7] interconnect: Add imx support via devfreq

On 23.08.19 16:36, Leonard Crestez wrote:
> This series add imx support for interconnect via devfreq: the ICC
> framework is used to aggregate requests from devices and then those are
> converted to DEV_PM_QOS_MIN_FREQUENCY requests for devfreq.
>
> The devfreq parts are posted separately, this series only intersects in
> devicetree: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11104113/
>
> Since there is no single devicetree node that can represent the "interconnect"
> new API is added to allow individual devfreq nodes to act as parsing proxies
> all mapping to a single soc-level icc provider. This is still RFC
> because this
>
> The rest of the changes are small and deal with review comments.

hi Leonard,

When I run https://github.com/cdleonard/linux/tree/next_imx_busfreq and
https://github.com/cdleonard/arm-trusted-firmware/tree/imx_2.0.y_busfreq
on imx8mq, probe() fails:

[    1.082847] imx-ddrc-devfreq 3d400000.dram-controller: failed to init
firmware freq info: -19
[    1.091434] imx-ddrc-devfreq: probe of 3d400000.dram-controller
rejects match -19

in imx_ddrc_init_freq_info()'s check:

if (priv->freq_count <= 0 || priv->freq_count > IMX_DDRC_MAX_FREQ_COUNT)

That would indicate that I'm missing something in ATF? I'm pretty sure
I'm running your tree though.

Does anything come to your mind what I might be doing wrong? Am I
running your "correct" linux tree? Remember I'm on imx8mq, so I don't
exactly test this RFC of yours.

Also, how are your plans to rebase / update your ATF tree?

And since there's a lot in there: what additions are necessary for this
devfreq to work?

Lastly, how do you test? Is /sys/class/devfreq supposted to get populated?

thanks for your work!

                                    martin