Re: Moving ARM dts files

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:57 PM Rob Herring <robh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:30 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > We discussed merging all ARM reference design mach-* to one dir
> > if I just name that mach-arm then we get a convergence to the
> > vendor name in some organic way.
>
> TBC, you want .../boot/dts/arm/* for all the ARM, Ltd boards? Just
> making sure as you were arguing against vendor names. :)

I am not against vendor names, but I am also for SoC
names because I think whatever makes most sense should
be the rule, so both/and not either/or. One does not exclude
the other. It's just a name.

In this case what
I meant was that while we (me and Arnd) originally discussed
merging it all into mach-versatile (how would you know)
if I instead merge it all into mach-arm, we get a 1:1 correspondence
between mach-dir and vendor name and DTS dir so everyone
is happy.

Yours,
Linus Walleij