Re: [RFC 0/2] Add support for Meson MX "SDIO" MMC driver

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Martin Blumenstingl
<martin.blumenstingl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the code-names of the older (32-bit) SoCs (at least the ones which are
> not too old) all start with Meson X (where X is a number: Meson6,
> Meson8, Meson8b and Meson8m2), Amlogic's vendor code sometimes calls
> these "MX" (or Meson MX)

Just in case it helps you on any future adventures in the Amlogic
vendor code: I think this is not quite right. I believe that MX
specifically refers to Meson6 and no other SoC generation.

That said, if both MesonX (==Meson6) and Meson8/Meson8b all share the
same driver code, having this driver named "mx" makes sense to me,
especially because it helps distinguish from the GX* chips which
indeed have something rather different.

Daniel