Re: should list of recommended node names be updated?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018, Rob Herring wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 4:03 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> Yes, to answer your question in the subject...

  i don't know enough about the standards for node names, but here's a
list i collected in my travels -- i will leave it to others higher up
the food chain to decide what sort of cleanup is merited (repitition
from earlier post, and a few new entries thrown in):

  gpio-controller
  {l2-,l3-,}cache-controller
  video,video-scaler
  qos
  vram
  gadget
  spi[-]flash
  usb[-]phy
  usb[-]hub
  mtd_dataflash
  i2c-controller
  spi-controller
  led_pins

rday

p.s. i submit that the entry "cpus" should be deleted from that list,
in the same way that you would not include the node names "aliases" or
"chosen" in that list. but that's just me.