Re: Devicetree at Linux Plumbers Conference 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> A number of people have asked about holding this at ELCE instead of
>>> Linux Plumbers, so I'd like some feedback. Here's a quick survey.
>>> Please reply ASAP if your interested in a Devicetree miniconference
>>> this year:
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0k9L597egFfOwZoDwq0Og-hRt8IAEPtp-JpvoH9nw2njx0g/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
>> Last call for survey responses.
>>
>> I've had 10 responses so far, and the concensus it to hold it at ELCE.
>> Ted thinks he'd be able to give us a 1/2 day on Thursday 26 October
>> (ELCE runs 23-25, and KSummit 24-26). Unless someone makes a strong
>> argument otherwise, I'm going to choose locating with ELCE/Ksummit.
>
> I've received 11 responses and by far the preference to hold the
> miniconference at ELCE/KSummit, so I'm going with that. I proposed it
> as a Ksummit workshop on ksummit-discuss. I've had a few private
> replies, but there hasn't been any on-list traffic yet. If you're
> planning to attend, it will help if you reply on ksummit-discuss
> saying that you would like to be there.
>
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2017-August/004708.html

I owe all of you an update. Unfortunately I don't have any new
information yet. I've still got a proposal in to hold a devicetree
workshop at Kernel Summit, and if it does get accepted, then /most
likely/ it will happen on Thursday afternoon. Don't make any travel
plans based on that.

As soon as I hear something either way I'll reply to this thread with
the new information.

g.