Applying dtb overlays on pre-compiled dtb's

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for the possibly wrong ML for this question.

I'm currently looking for any existing ways of adjusting pre-compiled device
tree blobs. I know that dtc doesn't have such ability (and obviously its purpose
is different), but maybe there is something you can recommend in this case
(kind of userland analogy of U-Boot's runtime "fdt apply" cmd).

For instance, I would like to add one property to "/firmware" (its value
 is generated during compile time) node into multiple device tree
blobs built with-in
Linux/U-Boot/TF-A, avoiding any additional intrusive changes to these source
trees (so, for example, adding dtsi with needed firmware property
unfortunately doesn't work for me).

The only solution I see is a custom app that uses libfdt, implemented
specifically
for this task, but maybe there is something which already exists.

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

--
Best regards - Freundliche Grüsse - Meilleures salutations

Igor Opaniuk
Embedded Software Engineer
T:  +380 938364067
E: igor.opaniuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
W: www.foundries.io

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]