Re: Testsuite failures on sparc64 due to unaligned access since 1.5.0

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 08:03:42AM -0600, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM David Gibson
> <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Hmm, it seems someone fixed the issue on git master already:
> >
> > Right, alignment issues have been a perennial problem.  We find some
> > platform that has alignment constraints that break, fix that, then
> > someone finds the alignment fixups cause horrible performance
> > problems, repeat ad nauseum.
> >
> > There's been another round of this pretty recently, which is probably
> > the cause of the fixup.  I just hope the re-optimizations that Tom
> > Rini has in his pipeline don't break things again for you.
>
> I think the case here is dtc, not libfdt. My guess is something to do
> with marker handling writing out dts.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't paying sufficiently close attention.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]