Re: bus error on sparc64 running type-preservation test

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020, at 8:25 AM, David Gibson wrote:
> I've just merged and pushed a change which I think will fix this to
> the master branch. Could you build and test that please?

It seems to work, thanks!

I've verified on debian sparc64 that make and make check succeed when I checkout b28464a, while make check fails with bus error when I checkout 87a656a.

I've also verified that the debian src package version 1.6.0-1 builds successfully on sparc64 with patch b28464a applied locally, and that the same package with the same patch applied still builds successfully on amd64. Those are the only archs I have access to.

> If you can make a minimal testcase which triggers this problem and
> submit it as an addition to the dtc testsuite, that would be terrific.

I have limited experience with C development, and zero experience with alignment issues, DTC or its test suite, so I can't be of much help here...

Best regards,
Tom

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]