Re: String concatenation problem in dtc

On Sat 2019-03-30 19:52:06, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:
> On 3/29/19 10:01 PM, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I tried to create a macro for automatic composition of "-N" suffixed LED
> >functions (where N is a number). Unfortunately, the preprocessor
> >of the dtc compiler seems not to accept string concatenation.
> >I.e. it is not possible to to the following assignment:
>
> s/to to/to do/
>

> >function = "hdd""-1"
>
> To clarify - "function" is a new property to be introduced in the common
> LED bindings. And in fact, probably the preprocessor has nothing to do
> with that string concatenation it's just Device Tree compiler
> shortcoming.

Stack overflow says:

Concatenation of adjacent string litterals isn't a feature of the
preprocessor, it is a feature of the core languages (both C and
C++). You could write:

And that's accurate, AFAICT. Looks like dtc does not have that
feature.

									Pavel

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5106280/string-concatenation-using-preprocessor#5106345

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]