Membership additions/removals from the Ceph Steering Committee

Greetings,

The Ceph Steering Committee [1] (CSC) -- formerly the "CLT" or Ceph
Leadership Team -- was formed 3 years ago with the adoption of our new
governance model [2]. The CSC is responsible [4] for electing the Ceph
Executive Council [3] (CEC), amending the governance model, and
deciding on tactical issues /strategic direction for the Ceph project.

After voting for the inaugural members of the CEC (Dan van der Ster,
Josh Durgin, and Neha Ohja), we have primarily focused on week-to-week
tactical issues confronting the Ceph project during our weekly
meetings. This was a natural continuation of our former "Ceph
Leadership Team" meetings where we discussed any technical issues or
planning for the project. We have not had another election for the
Ceph Executive Council membership or any other governance amendment
since but are overdue for one according to our governance charter.

To begin such an election, it seemed prudent to first vote on any
membership changes to the CSC due to natural attrition (e.g. folks
have moved on to other projects) or expansion (e.g. new team leads,
interested community members, etc.). The CSC weekly call has had
several individuals present that are all but officially on the
committee.

This announcement is a call for anyone (developer, community member,
etc.)  interested in participating in the governance and strategic
initiatives of the Ceph project to please put your or someone else's
name forward. There is broad interest in the CSC to have
representatives from newer components in Ceph present. If you are on
the current list of members and would like to resign from the CSC,
please let us know. Some members who have not been present in any
recent calls have already been proposed to be removed. Any addition or
removal to the CSC must be proposed as a motion with a second and then
approved by a 2/3 supermajority vote.

We hope to have this election for CSC membership in the coming weeks.
It will be performed remotely and offline using the Helios election
system (also a FOSS project!). It is deemed necessary to finalize this
in advance of any other election topic, including the CEC membership.

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/governance/#ceph-steering-committee
[2] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/governance/
[3] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/governance/#ceph-executive-council
[4] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/governance/#id2