Ceph Steering Committee (a.k.a. CLT) Meeting Minutes 2024-09-30

Hello,

Today we only discussed the upcoming election [5].

- A test election was conducted using Helios: [3]
- A date for the election was discussed. The eventual consensus was
that we should hold the election offline and meet during our normal
call for any points of discussion.
- The executive council's practical responsibilities have been
expanded, thanks to Neha, Josh, and Dan. It is available at [4].
- The remaining time was used to discuss proposals [5] for membership
[6] changes on the Ceph Steering Committee in advance of the vote on
other agenda items (including the Ceph Executive Council membership).
  + The focus was on removing members who are no longer active on the
project. We did not finish.
  + Many discussions were had on the mechanisms/criteria for
membership addition/removal. These included: lack of attendance as a
reason for removal; whether a vote should be had at all for removal;
or, the number of representatives for each Ceph component. No
consensus was reached.
  + Mark Nelson will be following up with individuals on the CSC
who've been proposed to be removed from the membership roll. (Mainly,
the criteria used seemed to be lack of attendance.) In general, I
don't think anyone wants to vote for removal of someone who wishes to
participate in the CSC.
  + Next week we will focus on proposals for adding members to the
CSC. I will be sending an email shortly concerning that.

Minutes: https://pad.ceph.com/p/clt-weekly-minutes

There is a Ceph Developer Monthly meeting on Wednesday: [2]

[1] https://pad.ceph.com/p/clt-weekly-minutes
[2] https://www.meetup.com/ceph-user-group/events/303725485/
[3] https://vote.heliosvoting.org/helios/e/CLT-Test-Election/vote
[4] https://pad.ceph.com/p/ceph-exec-council-responsibilities