Re: rgw: arrow packaging status for quincy

Hi,

On 05/02/2024 17:27, Casey Bodley wrote:
hi James and Thomas,

sorry to revive this ancient thread, but i wanted to follow up on
debian packaging for this arrow dependency. Kaleb (cc'ed) worked
through this on the rpm side quite a while ago. it would be nice to
get the debs too so we can drop the submodule

the upstream apache arrow project has been publishing deb packages,
see https://arrow.apache.org/install/

can you share any guidance to help us get these packages into the distros?

There was some work on getting arrow packages into Debian, but it looks to have rather petered out:

I don't know how fair the concerns about upstream's major version release rate are; nor whether the missing build-dependencies have been packaged in the mean time.

[I agree that reducing the number of submodules in Ceph would be great :) ]

Regards,

Matthew