A download location for cephadm (take 2)

Hi Dan & others,

A few months back we (the Orchestration team working on cephadm), discussed
the new compiled [1] cephadm in a CLT call and we briefly discussed it on the
list [2]. I wanted to revisit that conversation as Reef's release is quickly
coming up.

To summarize:
Previous versions of Ceph contained a single python source file for cephadm.
Upstream users were instructed to copy this source file directly out of the
Ceph git tree and execute the file using python. Now, the ceph build process
creates an executable python zipapp from the source file and the old
instructions are out of date.

We would like to request assistance with making it possible for users who are
planning on bootstrapping clusters to download an already compiled version of
cephadm from a canonical location. A secondary goal would also be to sign that
binary. However, I would treat that as a nice to have since the current
workflow doesn't have this.

I'd love to discuss the technical aspects of this and get some code to
implement this in place. I'd be happy to continue the conversation here - or
if you prefer - in the discussion forum of your choice.  Thanks very much!

[1] - It is still python, and it's not compiled to native binaries but is
rather a zipapp - https://docs.python.org/3/library/zipapp.html

[2] - I wanted to link to the previous discussion but neither the Archived-At
header url or search turn it up. So maybe it got lost in the infra issues a
while back. If you need references to the previous thread, I can forward them
because I still have them on my mailserver.