Support Build Ceph on openEuler Operation System PR#50182

Hi Folks,

I'm Kevin Zhao from Linaro and cc'd Qinfei Liu from Huawei, he is the author of this PR. We are working on building and supporting Ceph on openEuler OS.

OpenEuler (https://www.openeuler.org/en/) is now a very active and popular operating system community. It is based on RPM and all the packages are built from source. openEuler now attracts a lot of end users and developers, especially in China. Actually some companies already have some trial deployment clusters for Ceph on openEuler.

The PR Link: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/50182

So from the variety of the Ceph upstream, it's better to support openEuler build in the community. So we have proposed the PR here and hope to see the feedback. And also want to know the process for Ceph to support a real new operation system.

One thing I want to mention is that we have submitted the patch to Ceph 16.2.7 brance first because in OpenEuler 22.03-LTS, the Ceph version is 16.2.7, and we will also submit another PR to the Main branch.

Hope to hear from the community's feedback soon, thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards

Kevin Zhao

Tech Lead, LDCG Cloud Infra & Storage