Re: flush devices explicitly on BlueFS::umount to fix #54019

Hi Igor,

2022年12月22日(木) 20:33 Satoru Takeuchi <satoru.takeuchi@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Igor,
>
>>> @Satoru - I'm curious if you can try a custom patch with a potential fix as you're able to consistently reproduce the issue?
>>

>> Thank you for your effort. I'll try it. I'll also ask rook users who hit this problem to try this fix
>

> Here is the progress of the experiment.
>
> I've tried to reproduce this problem in Ceph v17.2.5 to verify the existence of this problem in the latest version.
> However, it hasn't happened yet.
> So I plan to continue the experiment with some modifications in my environment (e.g. NVMe SSD -> HDD, Ceph v17.2.5 -> v16.2.10).
>
> Once I succeed to hit this problem, I'll run my reproducer in the problematic version with your patch.

My reproducer ran for several weeks without hitting this problem. I'd
like to stop this work
because I should use the test environment for another purpose for now.
I hope this problem is fixed in the latest Ceph for some reason.

Best,
Satoru