Re: pacific next point release

On 12/6/22 12:13, Sven Kieske wrote:

On Do, 2022-12-01 at 08:33 -0800, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
Hi all,

As we strangling with a large number of jobs overloading the sepia lab
after a long outage, we also need to start QE for the next pacific
release ASAP.

The current plan is to start QE early next week.

Dev leads, pls see/revise what PRs must be included.  If you can
postpone some PRs please do so (remove "needs-qa" label) and also
please do quick reviews/approvals.

Hi, is there any chance that https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47702
can be included in this release? it's a highly anticipated bugfix for osd
crashes but seems to be stuck in review for a rather long time as it
touches some core files afaik.

Ugh, this area of the code has historically been really fragile. I don't think it's a good idea to try to rush this one.  It's pretty big change set and we've already had a couple of failed attempts (including my own) at making the cache pinning logic behave better.  It's rough but I think we'll all be better off in the long run if we let it marinade for a bit in teuthology first.

Mark