C++20 and newer C++ compiler

hi folks,

as you might have already noticed, we've made the switch to C++20. see
Casey's mail sent to this mailing list a couple days ago.

another thing you need to pay attention to is, we now need to use at
least gcc-11 or clang-12 for compiling the tree.

if your working flows depend on the stock C++ compiler in your distro,
you might need to check the version to make sure that its C++20
support. see also
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support#cpp20 . for
instance, if you are using ubuntu focal, you could use the ppa repo at
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/ubuntu/test or
prebuilt clang-12 or up at https://apt.llvm.org. if you are using
centos/RHEL 8, you might want to use gcc-toolset-11 or gcc-toolset-12
or llvm-toolset-12 .

apparently, we are not using all the C++20 features, but we are
starting exploring some of them. as some of us have noticed, we have
started using https://wg21.link/P1185R2 in the main branch. because we
are now using both gcc-11 and clang-12 in our CI/CD workflows, we can
assure you that these two compilers should be able to compile the main
branch.

i apologise for any inconvenience caused.

cheers,

--
Regards
Kefu Chai