Re: Outreachy contribution and help needed for IRC connection

It's great to see that you folks are helping each other out!

As Fuashi mentioned, element.io, or any other matrix client (https://matrix.org/clients/), will allow you to join Ceph IRC channels at OFTC and read messages from when you're offline too.

Kind Regards,
Ernesto

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 10:17 AM LotBill Dulley <lotbill.fuashi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try using the desktop application element which uses the matrix protocol. After creating an account and installing the software, just search for the required channels in the public room search (#ceph, #ceph-dashboard, #ceph-devel). The matrix protocol has functionality for bridging into IRC channels.

Follow this link to check out element: https://element.io/personal

Create an account and download the desktop application