Re: rgw multisite/resharding test case ideas

On 3/26/22 00:48, Casey Bodley wrote:
multisite test suite:

first, we need a way to issue continuous object writes/deletes
*during* a bucket reshard. python makes this hard

bucket reshard:
* continuous stream of writes/deletes to a bucket in zone A, with one
or more racing 'bucket reshard's on zone A, stop workload and verify
that zone B's checkpoint succeeds
* continuous stream of writes/deletes to a bucket in zone A, with one
or more racing 'bucket reshard's on zone B, stop workload and verify
that zone B's checkpoint succeeds
* as above, but with *failed* bucket reshards using fault injection
similar to https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/wip-rgw-multisite-reshard/qa/workunits/rgw/test_rgw_reshard.py#L240

If above can be done, may be we can extend these tests to include lifecycle as well (as it helped to detect races with dir_suggests). eg.,

(lc_debug_interval & lc_max_workers adjusted)

* add a lc policy to the bucket  & then start writes

* set lc policy to delete the objects  and in parallel run 'radosgw-admin lc process'

Thanks,

Soumya