Question regarding v2 clone API and the trash

Greetings,
I'm interested in getting a better understanding about how the v2 clone API uses the trash because we're using the trash manually to implement a kind of deferred deletion, and I want to make sure that our use doesn't conflict with what Ceph is doing.

There used to be a helpful blog post about the v2 clone API, but it seems to have disappeared: https://ceph.com/community/new-mimic-simplified-rbd-image-cloning/  Can you point me to something similar?

In addition I'd like to know why v2 clone api isn't the default and we need to manually enable it?

Thanks
Best Regards,

--

Sofía Enriquez