Metrics Strategy

Hi folks,

I've added an item to the next CDM to decide on a way forward for how
we  instrument some of the key daemons like radosgw, rbd-mirror and
cephfs-mirror. [1]

The full explanation is on the agenda, but here's a quick summary.

We need to improve the data available from key services like radosgw,
rbd-mirror and cephfs-mirror. To do that we can either embed an
endpoint into the relevant daemon - which I believe has been talked
about for a while, or adopt a different approach where we introduce a
new daemon on every host that acts as a proxy for the other daemons.

Hopefully, this makes sense!

Thanks,
Paul Cuzner

[1] https://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/CDM_02-FEB-2022