Ceph Leadership Team meeting 2021-12-08

Hi all,

At today's CLT meeting we discussed the new 1000-OSD Gibba cluster --
please coordinate on #ceph-devel if you need some time testing on the
cluster. Sage found an issue with long hostnames on some nodes --
cephadm supports long hostnames so this should be clarified next week.
Zac asked about doc backports for stable releases, and Greg proposed
we add an item for this to the PR checklist. I asked if O(1) clone
from cephfs snaps is planned or feasible (for k8s users of cephfs
subvolumes); it is quite difficult and not likely in the short term.
16.2.7 was released -- David has upgraded some clusters successfully.
One user pointed out potentially breaking changes to Ganesha exports
-- Sebastian will respond to the release thread with more clear
upgrade / manual migration instructions.

Finally, it was reminded that next week on the 16th at 15:00 we will
have the Ceph User + Dev Monthly Meetup
(https://pad.ceph.com/p/ceph-user-dev-monthly-minutes)

Best Regards,

Dan