Re: [sepia] Re: short vs long hostnames

[ Adding dev@ ]

I brought this up in the CLT meeting today and Sebastian pointed to
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/host-management/#fully-qualified-domain-names-vs-bare-host-names

It sounds like as long as the cephadm config and the output of
hostname match, things should work. But there's no attempt to match
long hostnames to short names in the config or vice versa. Sebastian
referenced some other issue with crush locations not matching but I
wasn't clear on how impactful that is.
-Greg