Re: Ceph Leadership Team meeting 2021-05-12

Hey,

On 12/05/2021 21:18, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Highlights from this week:
>
> - release process improvements and coordination
>
>   - currently ad-hoc email threads and #ceph-backports IRC channel
>   - works well for David, but we did have a couple of instances of
>     false "good to go" where some fixes intended for release were
>     not in yet
>   - want to give a heads up that the release is happening sooner
>     - Yuri will email dev@xxxxxxx a week before locking the branch and
>       starting validation
>     - the team will keep track of upcoming releases in the CLT pad [1]
>   - urgent release-related queries or concerns should go to clt@xxxxxxx
>
>   - issues with generating release emails and blog posts
>     - cephadm backports are done in batches, individual PRs are not
>       listed
>     - generated html requires manual edits
>       - should be resolved with moving off WordPress
>
>   - being able to release from a hotfix branch to avoid branch juggling
>     - remains on David's list, Loic is interested too

I confirm being interested. Would it be possible to get access to Jenkins ? With the goal to experiment with a copy of

https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-build/

and verify that changes to

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/tree/master/ceph-build

to use a designated branch instead of the default actually works as intended?

Cheers

> - upcoming releases
>
>   - 16.2.4, 15.2.12 and 14.2.21 hotfix releases (rgw and dashboard)
>     - also https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/50347 for 16.2.4?
>
>   - 15.2.13 release to be frozen in two weeks
>   - final 14.2.z release in June, nautilus is almost EOL!
>
> - scrub of Ceph project on the tracker
>
>   - almost complete, what is left are mostly doc tickets and
>     build/packaging related issues for various distros
>   - also issues that turn up in testing where component is not clear
>   - need to triage these during regular bug scrubs
>
> - Ceph Month June event
>
>   - include 20-30 minutes updates from component leads
>   - CFP closes today, schedule to be posted on May 19th
>
> - new ceph.com site
>
>   - static markdown (yay!)
>   - need octopus-themed artwork, don't want generic stock imagery
>
> [1] https://pad.ceph.com/p/clt-weekly-minutes
>
> Thanks,
>
>                 Ilya

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre