Re: Simplifying Ceph Project Redmine Open Statuses

Hi Patrick,

On 11/26/19 7:29 PM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:

> Currently we have these open statuses:
>
> New
> Triaged
> Verified
> Need More Info
> In Progress
> Feedback
> Need Review
> Need Test
> Testing
> Pending Backport
> Pending Upstream
>
> It seems to me many of these are mostly unused making their presence
> confusing to newcomers. I propose we prune these down to:
>
> New: default for new trackers; ideally this list should be short and
> regularly looked at.
> Triaged: it's been looked at by PTL/team member and could be assigned out.
> Need More Info: can't be worked on without more information
> In Progress: assignee is working on the ticket.
> Need Review: upstream PR ready for review
> Pending Backport: upstream PR merged; backports are pending.

Fine from a Dashboard POV - thanks for looking into this. That's exactly
the list that our issues tend to cycle through (with the exception of
"Triaged", which we don't use).

As soon as a PR has been submitted, the related issue is in "Need
Review" and the corresponding PR might change status from reviewing to
testing several times before it's merged.

What I would *love* to have are some hooks that would help with updating
the tracker automatically for the following events:

 - A PR for a tracker issue has been submitted (changing the issue
   status to "Need Review")
 - A PR for a tracker issue has been merged (changing the issue status
   to "Pending Backport" or "Resolved", depending on the "Backport"
   field)
 - A Ceph release has been published (changing all issues that were
   marked as "Resolved" for this release to "Closed")

Lenz

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)