Re: Fedora Login Loops

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 2:02 PM Jos Collin <jcollin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/10/19 8:42 AM, kefu chai wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it's a case of correlation is not causation.

> > probably we could rule out the suspicion on install-deps.sh by logging
> > on using another account?
>
> No. That doesn't work either, It loops back to the same login screen. I
> tried with root user.
>
> I have reproduced this issue several times in two machines and narrowed
> it down to install-deps.sh.
>
> I observed it happens in two occasions:
> 1. A new installation of Fedora 29 or Fedora 30.
> git clone <url>; ./install-deps.sh; reboot;
>
> 2. In perfectly working older system.
> `yum update`; ./install-deps.sh; reboot;
>
> I'll try Brad's suggestions tomorrow.

Working out what the selinux denial error is should help to shed
light. The fact that relabeling the filesystem resolves the issue
could indicate that something in the past labelled it incorrectly to
begin with. I don't doubt running install-deps.sh could trigger this
issue but I strongly suspect the root cause lies with some bad system
package or update that results in an incorrectly labelled filesystem.

Just my 2c. In order to 'know' we would have to understand the problem
a lot better.

--
Cheers,
Brad