Re: Test Work coordination/revitalizing the Testing Weekly

Adding Travis and Blaine

Am 09.09.19 um 23:37 schrieb Gregory Farnum:
> Hi all,
>
> About a year ago I started a weekly meeting focused on Ceph testing:
> https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MmxkMWZubzg2Zzg0a3VjaDJocGU4ODluMDJfMjAxOTA5MTFUMTUwMDAwWiA5dHM5YzdsdDd1MXZpYzJpanZ2cXFsZnBvMEBn
>
> It meets every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time and has mostly focused on
> teuthology and the qa suites. We've gotten some nice stuff done
> through the meeting around teuthology and getting the Suse fork merged
> into upstream, but things have mostly stalled out since then. I know
> lots of other things are happening outside of that meeting, but I
> haven't advertised it in a while and several people were or would be
> involved have time conflicts.
>
> So I'd like to see if there are other times that are good for people
> to meet to try and coordinate some of those efforts more broadly, or
> if there are other meetings we should piggy-back off of and expand to
> try and get a broader and more stable audience. Things I know about:
> * downgrade testing (Josh and Yuri?)
> * several efforts around Kubernetes

I know that several people are working independently of each other on this.

+1 for having a forum to discuss things. I would certainly be interested
in contributing some orchestrator related tests, if we can include Dan's
new containers.

> * getting openSUSE into the upstream test matrix
> * Building and testing containers (Dan+)
>
> I've added some people I know are working on things or whose input
> would be appreciated by others on the list, so please discuss! :)
> -Greg

SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)