Re: [RFC]: Withdrawal of passive-close patches

| >If you or anyone on the list can create a condition which will
| >lead to "application received data but didn't have a chance to
| >read it", I'd like to hear about it.
|
| ... snip ...
|
| >---------------------------
|

| If application first queries the message size in the receive buffer  and
| only then issues a read command may have trouble if socket discards the
| data in the meantime. Scenario is possible if one is using select()
| call.

Do you have a test program which can create this condition? That would
be a great help.

>From the description, this seems theoretically not possible: presumably
the peek would return 0 if a Close/Reset is in the queue. Or, if the cause
is something else, it may be the same thing I looked at in March.

However, I no longer have the test program and I am butchering my
patches in favour of the older solution.
-