Re: iperf

Thanks everyone for sending test reports.

|  Question - what do you get on an unpatched 2.6.20 kernel? I think this
|  is my patches making it work well but want to verify that it's not
|  just something breaking between 2.6.20 and 2.6.22.
Fully agree here: I am not sure that these problems are necessarily due to a DCCP
problem and actually would like to put the following question to the list -
   - to what extent should the DCCP test tree track
     the latest developments on the netdev tree?

My understanding that it is a good thing to track netdev, but it will make debugging
a bit more laborious. It is an acknowledged issue that there are still many bugs
outstanding in 2.6.21/22, and I have been experiencing many crashes during the last
month which vanished mysteriously a couple of days/revisions later.

You can help us and hopefully other developers by supplying as much information as
you can get:
 * use constant bitrate and full byte-blast of iperf
 * use dccp_probe (as suggested by Ian, CBR produces much less noise in the output)
 * use different hardware (Wifi, 10mpbs, 100mbps, bluetooth, other arches)

I will also try and replicate this. Please provide as detailed information as you can.
-